I already know that My Reader is not going to believe what I’ve done to keep from writing this much-needed award recognition from: I’m Not Lost Just Weird, jensine, Zen and Genki, and last, but not least, BASED ON A TRUE STORY.
Below is a bone fide list of “working avoidance tasks” I’ve used and perfected to keep from sharing the fact that I’ve been given the following awards: LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD
and THE SUNSHINE BRIGHT, SPARKLEY YET SHINEY AWARD….
KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE: Weeks later am now responding to the nice words and affirmation showered upon me. Instead of timely groveling gratitude straight away I, JOTS, have done the following:
1. Watched for falling trees. Potted trees. On balconies.
2. Dug holes. Close to, near by but especially in cemeteries.
3. Re-washed and re-dried clean laundry.
5. Rearranged furniture at A Furniture Store.
6. Turned the calendar page back to March…..
“Why?” My Reader asks, “Why the angst?”
WHEREASS: It is down to those pesky rules, and because I don’t do rules very well…but do so enjoy breaking them….
HOWEVER: Please do consider this my act of supreme contributory contrition and confirmation of contrite conduct…
1. Favourite colour: Mark Rothko, Vermeer, Van Gogh, David Hockney, Mary Fedden and Michael Morgan…to name a few.
2. Favourite number: It’s a crap shoot…
3. Passion: Music…not the least because I’ve just acquired a new piano in celebration of my upcoming birthday, which means I have to practice more and live a long, long time even if it is [just] to rationalize the expense.
4. Favourite flower: Sweet-Peas…when they wave in the wind they remind me of noisy children on a playground at recess.
5. Favourite place: I know my soul was born in England. Every time I return, my heart remains.
6. Favourite pleasures: Breaking rules, et al…….